Mendocino College partners with a dynamic community of diverse students to help them achieve their educational goals. Informed by research, reflection and dialogue, the College offers programs in Basic Skills, Transfer Preparation and Career and Technical Education as well as Workforce Improvement. The College demonstrates its commitment to student success and achievement through high-quality and innovative instruction, providing individual attention to student needs in an inclusive and accessible learning environment, and providing services to students at all stages of their educational and/or career path. Mendocino College embraces its role as an intellectual, economic and cultural anchor for the region. (revised June 12, 2019)
Mendocino College encourages and nurtures student success through instructional excellence, social justice, and anti-racist practices. Mendocino College instruction and services are an inclusive, caring, and accessible learning environment based on individualized student needs. (revised October 5, 2021)
Our Core Values
- Anti-Racism: We support anti-racist practices and policies through institutional actions. We are actively working to dismantle systemic and structural racism through professional development, ongoing dialogue, analysis, and reflection.
- Collaboration: We promote collaboration among and across many groups: students, faculty, staff, and our community partners.
- Continuous Improvement: We are committed to inquiry, professional development, and reflection. We adjust our practices and embrace new tools and methods to provide equitable opportunities and outcomes.
- Diversity: We value the creativity and insight that emerge from multiple perspectives and we recognize the importance of equity and diversity in achieving our goals. As an institution we are strengthened by our many communities, cultures, and traditions.
- Equity: We work torwards achieving equity in student educational outcomes, regardless of race, ethnicity, ability, gender identity, geographical location, and socio-economic status. We move beyond issues of access and place success outcomes for racially minoritized students as our focus. We aim to remove barriers to ducational success and embrace student abilities.
- Integrity: We maintain public trust by being honest, fair, transparent, and equitable. We honor our commitments to our students, staff and communities.
- Respect: We recognize the inherent value of each individual. We work and communicate collegially, creating working and learning environments which are conducive to the open exchange of ideas.
- Student Success: Students come to us with rich experiences, goals and backgrounds. We create meaningful learning environments to support each student in developing and accomplishing their personal, educational and career goals and to prepare them for a lifetime of learning and achievement.
- Sustainability: We are responsible stewards of fiscal, natural and human resources. We recognize that climate change is an active and direct threat to our students and community. we are actively working to incorporate a culture of sustainability and resiliency through professional development, ongoing dialogue, analysis and reflection.
(revised October 5, 2021)
Our Strategic Goals
Student Learning and Support: Enhance and foster student learning and support by maximizing student strengths and meeting their specific needs with targeted pathways for success.
College Culture: Establish MLCCD as the educational and cultural center of the Community.
Student Equity: Utilizing the principles of the Guided Pathways, the College pledges to engage best equitable practices to ensure that all prospective and current students have the access, resources, and support needed to reach their educational goals.
Community Relationships: Ensure relevancy, alignment, and support of community and businesses, by providing outreach, bridge programs, and facilities dedicated to the community.
(revised February 4, 2020)