Recording Arts & Technology
The Recording Arts Associate of Arts Degree and Certificate of Achievement in Recording Arts will prepare individuals for entry-level positions within the audio insustry through broad-based training in music recording and mixing, location sound, commercial production, audio for video and television, audio for games, internet audio, record production and live sound reinforcement.
Examples of entry level employment options after successful completion of the A. A. in Recording Arts and the Certificate of Achievement in Recording Arts include: recording, mixing, mastering, composition and/or production of music for music CDs, film, video, music videos, jingles or commercials, radio and television station identification packages, and multimedia projects. This program will also serve as a base for further education leading to careers such as audio software designer, acoustician, audio hardware designer, synthesizer programmer, and recording studio designer.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency with typical professional recording equipment and computer systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the terminology and operations of the music and recording industries.
- Apply critical thinking skills to resolve challenges in the workplace.
- Function competently in entry-level music business and recording/audio positions.
- Work effectively with others in a creative team environment.