2020-2021 Scholarship Information General Information
Once you submit a completed application, you will be considered for all scholarships for which you meet criteria.
A complete application will include:
- General information about you and your academic and career goals
- An essay (limited to 500 words)
- Letters of recommendation - two are required to be considered for most scholarships
- Your current academic transcripts
Scholarships are typically awarded based on some or all of the following criteria:
- Academic achievement and career or educational goals
- Grade point average
- Financial need
- Enrollment status - full-time (12 units), part-time (6 or more units), or enrollment as determined by the donor
- Service to the college, community groups, campus clubs, volunteerism
Scholarship recipients are notified by email and USPS once the screening process for scholarships has occurred. In most instances, scholarship funds are released to recipients in the following Fall semester upon verification of enrollment and fulfillment of any other required criteria.
With the exception of transfer scholarships, all scholarships are for students who will enroll at Mendocino College in the upcoming fall semester. Mendocino Scholarships are not transferrable to any other community colleges or universities (unless specifically noted as a transfer scholarship). Failure to enroll at Mendocino College or dropping classes after enrollment nullifies eligibility and awarded funds must be repaid to donor.
For questions, please contact:
Eliza Fields, Scholarship Coordinator
Mendocino College Foundation • Room 5110
1000 Hensley Creek Road, Ukiah, CA 95482
firstname.lastname@example.org • (707) 467-1018