2018-2019 MENDOCINO COLLEGE
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PERIOD
BEGINS ON JANUARY 2, 2018
Watch here for exciting news about our new web-based scholarship application for the upcoming Scholarship Application period.
On January 2, 2018 the hyperlink to our new web-based application will be posted to this page. The deadline to apply is March 1, 2018 by 4:00 p.m. Please note that letters of recommendation are subject to the same deadline.
The web-based application will require a 500 word or less scholarship essay and two letters of recommendation.
Once you apply, you will be considered for all 2018-2019 scholarships for which you meet the donors’ criteria.
A Complete Application includes:
- A completed Web-based application
- A student essay (limited to 500 pages)
- Two Letters of Recommendation Forms. At least one Recommendation Form/Letter of Recommendation MUST BE FROM A CURRENT INSTRUCTOR/FACULTY MEMBER unless you are a re-entry student (have not attended college and/or high school for 5 or more years). Re-entry students must still provide two letters of recommendation
- High school students MUST submit their high school transcripts with their application
Scholarships are typically awarded based on some or all of the following criteria:
- Academic achievement and career or educational goal
- Grade point average
- Financial need
- Full-time (12 units), Part-time status (6 or more units), or currently enrolled as determined by the donor
- Service to the college, community groups, campus clubs, volunteerism & honors/awards
Scholarship selection committees screen applications for the most qualified student.
Scholarship recipients are notified once the screening process for scholarships has occurred. In most instances, scholarship funds are released to recipients in the following Fall semester upon verification of enrollment and fulfillment of any other required criteria.
With the exception of transfer scholarships, all scholarships are for students enrolled at Mendocino College; they are not transferrable to any other community colleges or universities (unless specifically noted as a transfer scholarship). Failure to enroll or dropping all classes after enrollment nullifies eligibility and award funds must be repaid to donor.
For questions, please contact:
Lana Eberhard, Scholarship Coordinator
Mendocino College Foundation • Room 5110
1000 Hensley Creek Road, Ukiah, CA 95482
firstname.lastname@example.org • (707) 467-1018