The Finish Line Scholars Program offers Mendocino College students financial assistance while attending courses at Mendocino College through a generous donation to the California Community College Foundation. The goal is to help support students in completing their educational goal by providing financial support.
Finish Line Scholars Scholarship Program
The Finish Line Scholarship is intended to help students who are half way to their stated educational goal, complete their journey by proving up to a $5,000* Scholarship and additional support.
*You must have sufficient financial unmet need determined by the Financial Aid Office.
As a Finish Line Scholar you will be required to:
- Meet with a Counselor twice every semester
- Participate in the mandatory workshops occurring every two months
- Enroll full-time for the fall and spring semester
- Only take courses that are required for your program of study
- Mentor next year’s Finish Line Scholars
To apply for the Finish Line Scholars Program, you must meet the below requirements:
- Must be eligible for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG). You can determine if you are eligible by reviewing your financial aid award in MyMendo.
- You must have unmet financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Office.
- Your goal must be completion of a certificate or degree program, or transfer to a four-year college or university
- You must take at least 12 units towards your stated program of study or maintain an alternate full-time equivalent status during the fall and spring terms to receive payment of the scholarship funds
- You must have completed at least half of the required credits toward your stated program of study. For example, for AA/AS/ADT programs, you must have completed at least 30 degree applicable units towards the required 60 units for the program.
- You must have met with a Counselor and have a comprehensive education plan on file for your stated program of study, showing a realistic goal of completing your program in under 2 academic years
- You must meet as least 2 of the below requirements:
- Have completed transfer level English
- Have completed transfer level Math
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
All recipients have been selected for the 2021-2022 year. The 2022-2023 application will be available in late Spring 2022. If you have any questions, contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com or 707-468-3110.