Students who need academic accommodations should contact the Disability Resource Center (DRC) by phone at 707-468-3031, by email at, or in-person in Room 4130 of the Library and Learning Resource Center to schedule a confidential intake appointment with a DRC Counselor. This includes students who:

  • had an Individualized Education Program (IEP) in high school, middle school, and/or elementary school.
  • have a verified medical disability
  • have been diagnosed as Deaf or hard of hearing, or are having difficulty hearing in class
  • have a visual impairment or are blind
  • have a temporary disability or illness
  • have a psychological diagnosis, such as depression, bi-polar, or anxiety disorder
  • have learning disabilities, or think they need testing for learning disabilities
  • have mobility or other limitations that may require special arrangements
  • have other special circumstances that they would like to discuss in a confidential environment

Service Animals

If you are a Mendocino College Student that requires a service animal, you need to contact 707-468-3031. We require that you fill out a registration form with us so that we have you information and the animals information on hand, in turn getting it approved by the Dean of Student Services or Vice President.

Below is a bit of legal information regarding the law for service animals. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.  707-468-3031

Please follow the link to review the Department of Justice's regulations detailing information about service animals. This revision was released in 2010.

Important points-

  1. Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities.
  2. When it is not obvious what service an animal provides, only limited inquiries are allowed. Staff may only ask two questions: (1) is the dog a service animal required because of a disability, and (2) what work or task has the dog been trained to perform. Staff cannot ask about the person's disability, require medical documentation, require a special identification card or training documentation for the dog, or ask that the dog demonstrate its ability to perform the work or task.
  3. Participation in Disability Resource Center services and program is entirely voluntary. People accompanied by service animals are not required to participate with Disabled Student Services, but we certainly welcome them. All dogs, including service animals, are required to be licensed with the County Of Mendocino and must have had current Rabies shots.