Welcome to the Mendocino College International Students Program!
Our main campus, located three miles north of downtown Ukiah in Mendocino County is just two hours north of San Francisco and one and a half hours east of the Pacific ocean.
Founded in 1972, Mendocino College is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
International students attending Mendocino College have the opportunity to:
- complete the first two-year requirements for a four-year bachelor's degree
- obtain Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degrees
- obtain Certificates of Completion
Students may apply to the international student program at Mendocino College for the fall and spring semesters.
The application deadlines for the 2018-19 academic year are as follows:
- Fall 2018 semester - June 15, 2018
- Spring 2019 semester - November 1, 2018
All application materials must be submitted by the above stated deadlines. Applications will not be considered until all required documents are received. Application processing can take up to two weeks.
To apply, please follow these steps:
- Complete, print, and sign the International Student Application and Financial Certification form.
- Submit the completed application along with all of the following:
- A copy of your passport
- An original bank letter, dated within the last 6 months, which provides all of the following: current account history, account balance, sponsor's ability to pay the estimated annual expenses. The account balance must be reflected in U.S. dollars and be equal or greater to the estimated annual expenses.
- A copy/original proof of English proficiency test score, taken within the last 2 years. A minimum TOEFL score is required for admission: 500 (paper test); 61 (internet based test); 173 (computer based test)
- Official English translations/evaluation of secondary and post-secondary transcripts. Official evaluations completed by any NACES approved evaluation service are accepted.
- A non-refundable check or money order, in U.S. funds, in the amount of $50.00.
Application materials can be submitted by:
- Mail: 1000 Henlsey Creek Road, Ukiah, CA 95482 U.S.A.
- Hand Delivery: Office of Admissions and Records, Ukiah Campus, MacMillan Hall, Room 1100
Students accepted to the Mendocino College International Student Program will be sent a form I-20, an acceptance letter, and an information package within two weeks of submitting their application.
Non-F1 visa holders are subject to different Immigration Regulations. If you hold any visa other than F, J, or M, you can apply directly to Mendocino College through the general application process.
Visitors arriving for 90 days through the Visa Waiver Program are not eligible to study in the United States. If you plan to study, DO NOT enter with the 90 day visa waiver status. You will not be permitted to extend or change your status and you must leave the United States within 90 days.
Finance & Cost
Applicants must provide verification of the availability of at least $25,000.00 for one academic year of study.
Annual expenses include:
- Tuition and Other Fees: $6752.00
- Books, Supplies, and Personal Expenses: $4556.00
- Health Insurance: $1200.00
- Room and Board: $12492.00
Mendocino College is a state subsidized institution and cannot offer financial assistance to international students. International students are not eligible to establish California residency for the purposes of paying resident tuition. Students are required to pay international student tuition rates throughout the duration of study.
Please review the Fees and Tuition portion of our website for more information regarding enrollment related fees.
Tuition and fees are due and payable within five (5) business days of registration for classes.
For more information, please contact us!
Office of Admissions and Records
1000 Hensley Creek Road
Ukiah CA 95482 USA