Do I need a job in order to enroll in CWEE?

Yes, you need to either be employed in a paid job or work as a volunteer. Student Worker positions qualify you for CWEE. You can also be self employed.

Will the college help me find a job?

If you intend to enroll in CWEE to earn college credit, CWEE staff can help you find a volunteer position, if not a paid one, so that you can earn transferable units. 

Can I enroll in CWEE if I am self-employed?

Yes, a person who is self-employed is eligible for CWEE, as long as you can develop learning objectives that new knowledge and/or skills or improvements in what you know and do. As a self-employed person you will need to have someone supervise your progress in achieving your learning objectives. Your CWEE inistructor can help you with this. 

What if my job is out of the area? Can I still enroll in CWEE at Mendocino College?

Yes, as long as there is a reliable way for the CWEE instructor to confirm your employment and communicate with your supervisor.

Do I have to be enrolled in other courses at the college in order to enroll in CWEE?

No. Students can enroll in CWEE without enrolling in other courses.

How late in the semester can I enroll in CWEE?

Typically, students can enroll in CWEE up to about a month before the end of the semester, at the discretion of the CWEE instructor. The specific date varies by the semester; contact the CWEE instructor for the cut-off date for this semester.

Do I have to attend weekly classes for CWEE?

No. New students and students who were not enrolled in CWEE in the previous semester must attend an orientation at the beginning of the semester (see CWEE Orientation Schedule) but do not have to attend any other meetings (other than a meeting with the instructor and employer to discuss your progress towards achieving your learning objective). Continuing students can skip the orientation under certain conditions noted on the Orientation Schedule.

Can I repeat CWEE courses for credit?

Yes. You can repeat CWEE for up to 16 units.

Does credit earned by taking CWEE courses apply to a degree? Does the credit transfer?

Yes, CWEE units apply to your degree like any other elective credit. CWEE units transfer to the California State University system, and to many private universities

image link to cwee home page