Your Mendocino College (MC) Student Email Account
MC uses Google to provide you with an email account, calendars, document sharing, and IM – all from your MC email account (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you previously attended MC, an email account has already been assigned. If you are a new student, your MC email account will be created after your application for admission has been processed. This usually occurs within 30 minutes of the completed application process and an email, with your account information and temporary password, will be sent to your personal email account or given to you by a registration staff person.
MC Gmail Basics
- About Your MC Email: Your MC email account is used as the official way of communicating for you, your instructors and MC. If you do not set-up your account, you will miss vital emails from your instructors and staff.
- Forwarding Your Email to Another Account: You may choose to forward your MC student email to another account (see directions below). Students are responsible for receiving emails from MC. MC cannot guarantee the delivery of forwarded email.
Setting Up & Accessing Your MC Gmail Account
- Student Gmail accounts use the same User ID and password as your WebAdvisor account.
- User IDs are usually constructed using your first name and last name. An example is shown below.
- If there is a name collision with someone else (more than one student with the same first and last name) your account name may be different.
Gmail Address: email@example.com
Login or Account Name or User Id: firstname.lastname or firstname.lastname@example.org (only for gmail)
Where: First name is your official first name (no nicknames). Last name is up to 14 characters of your full, official last name, including hyphens (if used)
Name: Jane Smith
Gmail Address: email@example.com
You can use the "Forgot You User ID?" form on WebAdvisor to find your User ID. Your initial password is emailed to your personal email address once your application for admission has been processed (generally within 30 minutes of the completed application process).
You must log into WebAdvisor at least once to activate your student Gmail account. If you haven't logged into WebAdvisor yet, please go to the WebAdvisor link above and log in using your User ID and change your password. The first time you use this account, your password will be the temporary password assigned after applying. The first time you log in you will have to change this password. Once you have changed your password, you will use this new password to access both WebAdvisor and student Gmail. If you need help accessing these accounts, please contact the help desks at: firstname.lastname@example.org or ITemail@example.com
Google provides on their Gmail support website: https://gsuite.google.com/learning-center/#!/
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my student Gmail on my phone?
Google has step by step support for most phones at https://gsuite.google.com/learning-center/products/mobile/get-started/#!/
I set up my email account, but am not receiving messages. What do I do?
Please check the spam filter regularly to ensure you are receiving all messages sent.
How do I reset my student Gmail password?
Your password is the same as your WebAdvisor password and cannot be changed through Google.
You will first need to reset your WebAdvisor password. There are two options for resetting this password.
1. Access WebAdvisor (https://webadvisor.mendocino.edu/) and click on "Log in" and then "Forgot your password?".
a. You will have the option to check your hint, if you think you might remember your password, or to request your password reset. To reset the password click on "Reset my password". You will be asked for your last name and either your SSN or your College ID (same as your Student ID). Once you submit this form, you will be emailed a temporary password.
b. The temporary password can then be used to login to WebAdvisor and change your password to something of your choice. You will then be able to use this password for WebAdvisor and your student Gmail accounts.
2. Email your full name and student id number or date of birth to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email will be delivered to the Office of Admissions and Records and staff will provide a temporary password via email. Once the temporary password is received, the same steps outlined above in 1b should be used to change your password.
I have applied, but have not received any information on my student Gmail account. What do I do?
Please contact the Office of Admissions and Records: email@example.com or 707-478-3101
I have logged in too many times and my account is disabled. What do I do?
Please contact the Office of Admissions and Records. Staff can assist in resetting your password and will request that your account is re-enabled.
For further assistance, please contact one of the following: