Student Grievances

Experience has shown that most concerns which students have regarding academic affairs or College policies, regulations, and procedures are relatively easy to resolve through informal discussion with the involved faculty or staff. If a matter remains unresolved after such discussion, the student is free to pursue it through appropriate administrative channels - either by bringing it to the attention of the immediate supervisor or utilizing the committee structures provided for this purpose.

Student complaints which deal with State regulation, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the Educational Amendment of 1972, or section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 shall be handled by the District's Director of Human Resources.

Student grievances involving the interpretation, application, or alleged violation of the College's rules, regulations, policies, and procedures shall be addressed in accordance with the College's Student Grievance and Due Process Policy and Procedures, BP 543/AP 534.1.  For further information, contact the Dean of Student Services, Room 1000 MacMillan Hall or (707) 468-3105.