Welcome to the Mendocino College International Students Program!
Our main campus, located three miles north of downtown Ukiah in Mendocino County is just two hours north of San Francisco and one and a half hours east of the Pacific ocean.
Founded in 1972, Mendocino College is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
International students attending Mendocino College have the opportunity to:
- complete the first two-year requirements for a four-year bachelor's degree
- obtain Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degrees
- obtain Certificates of Completion
How to Apply:
Applying to Mendocino College is easy! Please read all of the following before starting your application.
Step 1 - Complete the International Student Application for Admission online:
Step 2 - Complete and submit the Financial Certification and submit supporting documentation
Step 3 - Submit all of the following:
- A copy of your passport and a recent photograph.
- Proof of English competency. Minimum TOEFL score required: 500 (paper test); 61 (internet based test); 173 (computer based test)
- Original secondary and post-secondary transcripts, including U.S. transcripts. Transcripts must be in English and correspond to the American Grading system.
- An original bank letter (dated within the last 6 months), financial statement, or tax documents verifying the minimum of the total estimated cost to attend Mendocino College.
- Pay $50.00 USD Non-Refundable Application Fee
Documents can be submitted via any of the following:
- Fax: 707-468-3430
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Hand Delivered: Office of Admissions and Records, Ukiah Campus
Students accepted to the Mendocino College International Student Program will be sent a form I-20, an acceptance letter and an information package within two weeks of submitting their application.
Non-F1 visa holders are subject to different Immigration Regulations. If you hold any visa other than F, J, or B, you can apply directly to Mendocino College through the general application process.
Visitors arriving for 90 days through the Visa Waiver Program are not eligible to study in the United States. If you plan to study, DO NOT enter with the 90 day visa waiver status. You will not be permitted to extend or change your status and you must leave the United States within 90 days.
Financial Information and Student Expenses:
Applicants must provide verification of the availability of at least $25,000.00 for one academic year of study.
Mendocino College is a state subsidized institution and cannot offer financial assistance to international students. International students are not eligible to establish California residency for the purposes of paying resident tuition. Students are required to pay international student tuition rates throughout the duration of study.
Please review the Fees and Tuition portion of our website for more information regarding enrollment related fees.
Tuition and fees are due and payable within five (5) business days of registration for classes and may be paid with Visa, Master Card, Travelers Checks, Cash or local checks.
For more information, please contact us!
Office of Admissions and Records
1000 Hensley Creek Road
Ukiah CA 95482 USA
Marianna Cooper, Admissions and Records Specialist
Anastasia Simpson-Logg, Director Admissions and Records