CWEE - Information for Students

Read what other students have to say about Cooperative Work Experience Education.

Cooperative Work Experience Education (CWEE) is an educational approach that turns work-based learning experiences into college credit.   Learning occurs on the job - there are no classroom meetings and you do not have to be enrolled in other courses in order to enroll in a CWEE course.  You can earn up to 6 units in one semester, for a total of 16 units that apply to an Associate Degree and transfer to 4-year Universities. 

You must be working in order to earn college credit through CWEE. You can work in a full-time or part-time paid job, work as a volunteer, be self-employed or work for a family business. Each unit that you wish to earn requires that you document at least 75 hours of work as a paid employee (or 60 hours as a volunteer) over the course of the semester, in addition to completing one learning objective.

You will have documentation requirements, in addition to working on your learning objectives. The specific documents, their general due dates, and the point values assigned to each of them can be found on the "Assignment Tracking Worksheet". 

There are two "General" Work Experience CWEE Courses: CED 195 and CED 50.

  • General Work Experience, CED 195 applies to the Associate Degree and transfers to 4-year colleges.
  • Introduction to Work Experience, CED 50 applies to the Associate Degree but does NOT transfer.