BUSINESS - REAL ESTATE
RLS 60 Real Estate Principles (3 units)
RLS 61 Real Estate Practices (3 units)
RLS 62 Real Estate Appraisal (3 units)
RLS 63 Real Estate Finance (3 units)
RLS 64 Legal Aspects of Real Estate (3 units)
BUS 151 Introduction to Marketing (3 units)
BUS 230 Introduction to Business (3 units)
Plus 3 additional units selected from the following: (3 units)
BUS 50 Mathematical Applications in Business (3 units)
BUS 136 Introduction to Management (3 units)
BUS 111 Federal Tax Accounting (3 units)
BUS 212 Legal Environment of Business (3 units)
RLS 65 Fundamentals of Home Inspection (1 unit)
RLS 67 Real Estate Economics (3 units)
RLS 69 Fundamentals of Real Estate Geology (1 unit)
RLS 70 Property Management (3 units)
RLS 72 Real Estate Investments (3 units)
RLS 73 Real Estate Financial Calculations (.5 units)
RLS 74 Real Estate License Preparation (1 unit)
Total units required for Certificate: 24
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete a Business - Real Estate Certificate of Achievement will be able to:
- Apply an in-depth knowledge of California real estate principles and laws to succesfully complete licensure requirements for licensee and broker.
- Satisfy Department of Real Estate and Office of Real Estate Appraisers educational requirements for State licensing.
- Apply necessary skills for marketing and negotiating real estate transactions.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and ethically with the principals involved in a real estate transaction.
- Interpret and apply California real estate laws to a variety of real property transactions including mortgage loan originations and mortgage transactions.
Gainful Employment Information
This information is provided to prospective students to help them make a better, more informed decision about a certificate program.
CIP Code: 52.1501
(Note: You may use the CIP code as a way to identify and compare similar programs at different colleges which may have different names.)
CIP Program Description: Real Estate
Program Name: Business - Real Estate
Program Level: Certificate of Achievement
Program Length: 2 semesters
The following table lists the ONET Code and ONET Title (SOC) for occupations related to this program
|ONET Code||ONET Title (SOC)
||Property, Real Estate, and Community association Managers
||Real Estate Brokers
||Real Estate Sales Agents
Estimated Cost of Program: $1,104.00 
Estimated Cost for Textbooks and Supplies: $1,038.02 
Mendocino College does not offer on-campus housing.
Number of students who completed this program between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012: 1
Because of the low number of students completing this program, Mendocino College does not report:
- The percentage of completers with student debt;
- The median cumulative debt for completers in this program;
- The amount of Federal student loan debt;
- The amount of Private loan debt;
- The amount of Institutional financing plan debt;
- The number of students who completed the program within the normal program time;
This information is not reported in compliance with FERPA regulations.
Program length is expressed in semesters. There are two 17-week semesters each year, one in the Fall and one in the Spring. Length of time is calculated as the number of semesters it would take a student to complete the program unit requirements if they enrolled at the minimum full-time level of 12 units per semester. Students may be able to accelerate their progress by enrolling in more units per semester or enrolling in Summer session, if courses are available. Time to complete the program may be longer than the normal program length if a student requires remedial course work.
 Program cost is estimated based upon current unit cost (Fall 2012) of $46.00 per unit plus any additional Course Material Fees for required courses. Additional required fees are also included.
Textbook cost estimate is based upon retail cost of new textbooks purchased through the Mendocino College Bookstore. A student's actual cost may vary based upon the availability of used textbooks, rental textbooks or electronic text books.
How to Apply
Financial Aid Information
Created: June 14, 2011 @ 08:14 AM
Last Modified: June 27, 2012 @ 11:27 AM