AGRICULTURE - LANDSCAPE PRACTICES
AGR 100 Plant Pest & Disease Management (3 units)
AGR 108 Soils and Fertility Management (3 units)
AGR 140 Introduction to Horticulture (3 units)
AGR 142 Landscape Maintenance (3 units)
AGR 151 Landscape Irrigation (2 units)
AGR 154 Landscape Construction (3 units)
AGR 240 Plant Identification - Fall (3 units)
AGR 241 Plant Identification - Spring (3 units)
Plus 3 additional units selected from the following: (3 units)
AGR 53 Landscaping with Native Plants (3 units)
AGR 147 Greenhouse Projects (1-3 units)
AGR 164 Greenhouse Structures and Equipment (2 units)
AGR 196 Cooperative Work Experience Education (1-3 units)
AUT 18 Intro to Small Engines (2 units)
BUS 132 Entrepreneurial Management (3 units)
Total units required for Certificate: 26
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete an Agriculture - Landscape Practices Certificate of Achievement will be able to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of common landscape plants and their cultural requirements in a landscape.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of basic plant biology.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of how to assess a plant's maintenance needs including pruning, fertility, managing of pests and diseases
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of how to plan, install and repair basic irrigation systems.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of landscape design planning, including basic rules of placement, shapes, textures and spacing.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of landscape plan interpretation, construction and the tools used in the installation of a landscape.
Gainful Employment Information
This information is provided to prospective students to help them make a better, more informed decision about a certificate program.
CIP Code: 01.0605
(Note: You may use the CIP code as a way to identify and compare similar programs at different colleges which may have different names.)
CIP Program Description:Landscaping and Groundskeeping
Program Name: Agriculture - Landscape Practices
Program Level: Certificate of Achievement
Program Length: 3 semesters
The following table lists the ONET Code and Onet Title (SOC) for occupations related to this program
|ONET Code||ONET Title (SOC)
||Landscaping and Groundskeeping Workers
||Pesticide Handlers, Sprayers, and Applicators, Vegetation
||Grounds Maintenance Workers, All Other
Estimated Cost of Program: $1,058.00 
Estimated Cost for Textbooks and Supplies: $663.73 
Mendocino College does not offer on-campus housing.
Number of students who completed this program
between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012: 0
Because of the low number of students completing this program, Mendocino College does not report:
- The percentage of completers with student debt;
- The median cumulative debt for completers in this program;
- The amount of Federal student loan debt;
- The amount of Private loan debt;
- The amount of Institutional financing plan debt;
- The number of students who completed the program within the normal program time;
This information is not reported in compliance with FERPA regulations.
Program length is expressed in semesters. There are two 17-week semesters each year, one in the Fall and one in the Spring. Length of time is calculated as the number of semesters it would take a student to complete the program unit requirements if they enrolled at the minimum full-time level of 12 units per semester. Students may be able to accelerate their progress by enrolling in more units per semester or enrolling in Summer session, if courses are available. Time to complete the program may be longer than the normal program length if a student requires remedial course work.
 Program cost is estimated based upon current unit cost (Fall 2012) of $46.00 per unit plus any additional Course Material Fees for required courses.
Textbook cost estimate is based upon retail cost of new textbooks purchased through the Mendocino College Bookstore. A student's actual cost may vary based upon the availability of used textbooks, rental textbooks or electronic text books.
How to Apply
Financial Aid Information
Created: June 14, 2011 @ 07:14 AM
Last Modified: June 27, 2012 @ 11:35 AM