Mendocino College invites you to participate in the Mendocino College Scholarship Program, administered by the Mendocino College Foundation. The scholarship program began in 1973 and has been steadily growing ever since. This program offers students critical financial assistance to fulfill their goals and dreams through education.
Many of our students balance their time between work, family and school.
Even a small scholarship can make a big difference in their ability to complete their education. A scholarship can allow a student to attend full-time rather than part-time. It can give them the means to pay for gas or public transportation to take classes on campus that are not available online. It can help them buy a textbook for a class that they would not otherwise be able to afford. Your scholarship sponsorship might allow a student to stretch their budget beyond basic day-to-day living expenses and achieve their goal of creating a better life for themselves and their families by attending college.
In 2014, Mendocino College students were awarded over 200 scholarships and book vouchers totaling more than $199,000. Generous support from community organizations and individuals like you provided over $63,000 in scholarships.
There are many options for scholarships:
- Book Award - You provide us the funds for the amount of the award. An account is set up for that amount in your scholarship recipient's name at the Mendocino College Bookstore to purchase books or other supplies necessary for classes.
- Donor Disbursed Scholarship - You present your scholarship recipient with a check at the Spring Awards ceremony in May or mail the funds directly to them.
- College Disbursed Scholarship - You mail a check to Mendocino College in the amount of the scholarship you are awarding. Once we have confirmed that your recipient has enrolled in the Fall semester and in the minimum number of units (if that is one of your requirements), a check is sent to the student. Your award can be disbursed at the beginning of the Fall semester or split between the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Transfer Scholarship - You award your scholarship to a student who is transferring to a 4-year college in Fall 2015. You can either present the recipient a check at the Spring Awards ceremony, or require that they provide proof of acceptance and enrollment in a 4-year college or university before mailing them a check in the award amount.
- A list of scholarships awarded for 2014-2015.
The 2015-2016 scholarship donor form is available by CLICKING HERE. For more information on how you can participate in the Mendocino College Scholarship Program call 707.467.1018 or write to us at
Mendocino College Foundation, Inc.
1000 Hensley Creek Road
Ukiah, CA 95482
Please consider participating as a Mendocino College Scholarship Donor. If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to contact Scholarship Coordinator Lana Eberhard at 467-1018. Thank you for taking the time to consider becoming a member of the Mendocino College family.