ASSISTANT TEACHER- Child Development Center
Filing Deadline Date: Until filled
Under direction of a Child Development Specialist, assists in the supervision of children and implementing curriculum, including but not limited to the following:
- Assists in planning and implementing daily program.
- Assists in preparing and setting up activities.
- Uses effective positive discipline methods that are respectful of the child.
- Assists in collecting data for maintenance of developmental records.
- Works in cooperation with team members to keep yard and equipment safe and in
- Treats all children with dignity and respect.
- Assists in the supervision of the classroom and yard.
- Reports to work on time for assigned working hours.
- Attends and participates in team meetings and all-staff meetings.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all Center information and records.
- Applies proper emergency procedures and acts accordingly.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must be at least 18 years old and have a minimum of six units ECE/Child Development or be currently enrolled as a Child Development major.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; frequently change physical positions; move quickly; walk and/or stand for long periods of time; sit at children’s eye level; stoop, bend, twist, and reach; hear a child calling for help; see a child on the playground or in the classroom.
Upon employment must successfully complete a Physician’s Report, TB test, Live Scan fingerprint check, Criminal Record Clearance, and Child Abuse Index.
Salary/ Benefits/Work Schedule
Full-time and part-time; $10.00 per hour; starting mid-August. The only paid benefits are worker’s comp, FICA, and Medicare.
Submit the following information to, CDV Center, Mendocino College, 1000 Hensley Creek Road, Ukiah, CA, 95482, 707-468-3089:
- Mendocino College Classified Application available from Human Resources, Room 1050, ( or www.mendocino.edu (click on “ Employment”)
- You may attach a resume and/or letter explaining how you meet the qualifications.
Interviews are by invitation only. The college does not reimburse applicants for related travel expenses.
THE COLLEGE: Mendocino College, established in 1973, is a two-year community college serving 5,000 students in the greater parts of Lake and Mendocino Counties. The main campus is located in Ukiah, ranked among the best small towns in the U. S. The beautifully landscaped main campus, built in 1985, is located on a 127-acre site with panoramic views of clear skies, oak-covered hills, adjacent vineyards, and the distant mountains. A comprehensive curriculum includes opportunity for study in a wide variety of quality degree, certificate, transfer, occupational and community service programs. Students learn in a nurturing and supportive environment provided by several hundred committed faculty and staff. The college operates centers in Willits and Lakeport which provide valued student, instructional, and administrative services for outlying areas.
THE COMMUNITIES: Mendocino and Lake Counties include some of California’s most picturesque landscape. Because of the geographic location, climate, and natural beauty, Mendocino College and Lake Counties attract many visitors. Agriculture, timber, and tourism industries form the economic base of the area with some light manufacturing. Mendocino County has a long and colorful history as a premium grape-growing region within the state’s famous North Coast wine country, while Lake County is noted for its pear production and as an attractive spot for retirement and vacationing. A relaxed and friendly lifestyle is characteristic of our communities. Recreational opportunities abound for water skiing, swimming, fishing, boating, sailing, camping, hiking, tennis, and golf. Community events including theatre, music, dance, athletics, and lectures are many and varied. The local area is also recognized for its distinctive artwork. The main campus is two hours north of San Francisco and just an hour from either the Redwoods or the Northern California coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Created: October 01, 2009 @ 11:18 AM
Last Modified: September 16, 2013 @ 09:39 AM