Students are allowed to register as auditors in a limited number of classes where the course repetition policy applies if they have previously enrolled for credit for the maximum number of times allowed for the particular course.
The auditing fee is $15 per semester unit plus the student health fee. Students enrolled in credit courses for six or more units shall not be charged a fee to audit three or fewer semester units per semester. Auditing conditions are as follows:
1. Auditors must meet the course prerequisites.
2. Admission to the class is subject to instructor discretion. Faculty must sign an audit card to show approval for students to attend class as an auditor on a space-available basis. Under no circumstances will an auditor be given preference over a student enrolled for credit. For K-12 students, no Advanced Placement form is required.
3. Auditor status is allowed only if: a) the student has exhausted the repeat possibilities available to a credit student; or b) for certain specified courses, instruction could not occur without the participation of the student.
4. Auditors will be allowed to register only after the second class meeting.
5. Students auditing the class will not be considered in the number needed for a class to continue.
6. A transcript of record will not be maintained.
7. Auditors shall provide their own class materials.
8. Auditors may not change their status in the course from auditor to credit student or the reverse.
9. Refunds of auditing fees will be made according to the existing College refund policy.
Information about which courses are designated for audit and specific procedures may be obtained from the Office of Instruction, Admissions and Records Office, College Centers or click here for a complete list.