Alternate Media Guidelines for Faculty
1. Order textbooks early.
2. Provide the syllabus in electronic format, and include a statement inviting students to discuss individual learning needs.
3. Post documents in electronic formats that are clean, and easily readable. If you need help converting materials to electronic format, the Alternate Media Specialist can help you. If you are using copies of copies of copies, you can upgrade to an electronic version that you can adapt for each class.
4. Use high-contrast backgrounds for your handouts and web site.
5. Use only captioned video.
6. Post instructional materials online whenever possible. (e.g. assignments, grades, handouts.)
7. Make sure all electronic pictures, tables, and graphs have associated text ("alt. text.")
Created: March 17, 2009 @ 11:02 AM
Last Modified: March 17, 2009 @ 11:04 AM