Auditory Processing Disorder
- the difficulty of processing information through hearing.
It is the failure to retrieve auditory information in the correct order of sequence.
- Cannot carry out series of verbal directions
- Cannot recall the order of the information
- Has difficulty comprehending oral information given at a normal rate
- Appears to be not listening to oral information
- Turns in work that is only partially completed
It is the inability to recall information received from auditory cues.
- Difficulty remembering letters, words, numbers, phrases
- Difficulty remembering sounds that have a meaning such as bells, alarms
- Appears to not be paying attention
- When asked what student heard, unable to give details In lectures, unable to remember important facts
- Difficulty with spelling
It is the difficulty in hearing the difference between sounds.
- Often mistakes words such 15 and 50
- Appears to be able to hear but is not listening
Created: March 09, 2009 @ 11:29 AM
Last Modified: February 23, 2012 @ 01:51 PM