General Info > News Releases > Archived Releases 2006-07 > 2007-06-03: Summer Offers Variety of Choices in the North County
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - June 3, 2007
MENDOCINO COLLEGE, 1000 Hensley Creek Road, Ukiah, CA 95482
Contact: Ross Beck, Director of Public Information & Marketing
T: 707-468-3012, Fax: 707-468-3008, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
File: NR-Reg-Summer 2007 Willits
Mendocino College Summer Session Offers Variety of Choices in the North County
UKIAH, CA - Registration has begun for Mendocino College’s six-week summer session, which starts on June 18 and ends on July 26.
This year, the college offers a selection of transfer, vocational and lifelong learning courses. “In the summers, we try to meet the needs of high school students, who may be interested in trying a college course or brushing up on math, as well as college students who need a few transfer credits,” said Vice President of Education & Student Services Meridith Randall. “We also offer courses for part-time students, such as retirees.”
This summer, the college’s Willits Center is offering choices in two-year degree, general education, and transfer level courses for North County residents who are interested in saving time and cutting transportation costs. For students seeking transferable units, many of which meet general education (GE) requirements at California State University (CSU) and University of California (UC) campuses, and other college requirements, the Willits summer program offers:
* ART 218: Painting – Oils (#8255)
* ART 226: Painting – Acrylics (#8259)
* ART 222: Painting Watercolors (#8257)
* CSC 201: Introduction to Windows Applications (#8262)
* EAS 200: Environmental Science (#8263)
* ENG 80: Academic Reading & Writing (#8265)
* ENG 200: Reading and Composition (#8266)
* EDU 110: Tutoring Methods (#8264)
* HLH 50: First Aid (#8271)
* GEL 69: Fundamentals of Geology for Real Estate (#8270)
* MTH 54: Mathematical Applications (#8287 & 8288)
* NRS 200: Environmental Science (#8290)
* PEG 229: Walking for Aerobic Fitness (#8292)
* RLS 69: Fundamentals of Geology for Real Estate (#8293)
* THE 98.03: Modern Dance Techniques (#8296)
Of special interest to high school students or new incoming freshmen is CSC 201, Windows Applications, which fulfills the Willits High School computer skills graduation requirement and transfers to the CSU/UC system.
For more information about how to qualify for fee reductions, or for other information about college programs and support services in Willits, contact the Willits Center of Mendocino College at 459-6224. The Willits Center’s summer hours, June 6 through – July 26, are Monday through Thursday, 9 AM to 2 PM.
Admission to Mendocino College can be done online at www.mendocino.edu. Admitted students can register for classes now using TelReg, the telephone registration system, at 468-3353, Monday-Friday, 8 AM-10 PM. Walk-in registration begins Monday, June 11, Monday-Thursday, 9 AM-2 PM.
A complete listing of classes is online at www.mendocino.edu
# # # #
Created: June 03, 2007 @ 09:57 AM
Last Modified: June 03, 2007 @ 09:57 AM