Dear High School Graduate,
Congratulations on your high school graduation! This is a significant accomplishment, an important first step in ensuring your future.
You may now be wondering, “What next?” Well, for most high school graduates, the next step in preparing for a successful career usually requires education beyond high school. Community college graduates, for instance, average 25% more in annual income than high school graduates.
We would like you to consider that Mendocino College may be your best opportunity to continue your education. You may choose to pursue vocational training or take classes to prepare for transfer to a four-year college leaving just two years of course work to complete at a university! If you are planning to transfer, completing your first two years of college here is an easier transition and much more affordable than going directly to a four-year college as a high school graduate. We offer classes during the day, at night, on weekends, online, or by video to work around your busy schedule.
We invite you to come to a New Student Orientation program to receive priority registration. Please select a date and location from the Spring Orientation schedule.
We look forward to welcoming you to our campus.
VP & Interim Dean of Student Services
Receive Early Bird Registration by Completing Orientation!
FOUR EASY STEPS TO ORIENTATION
- Complete an on-line admissions application at www.Mendocino.edu. Go to the Mendocino College home page and click on Apply On-Line. (Note: Paper applications are available if needed from the Ukiah Campus Admissions and Records Office or the Willits or Lake Centers.)
- Complete Orientation Online or in-person.
Cick on HERE for the Online Orientation or call the Counseling Office Ukiah: 707-468-3048, Lake Center: 707-263-4944, or Willits Center: 707-459-6224 for an in-person orientation.
- Take the English and math placement tests.
Make an appointment by calling the Learning Center Ukiah: 707-468-3046, Lake Center: 707-263-4944, or Willits Center: 707-459-6224.
- Make an appointment with a counselor. Make an appointment by calling campus Ukiah: 707-468-3048; Lake Center: 707-263-4944; or Willits Center: 707-459-6224.
- Get more financial assistance!
File a FREE Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov. For more information, call the Financial Aid Office at 707-468-3110.
- If you need educational accommodations for a disability please call the Disability Resource Center at 707-468-3031
- At orientation, check out any of the special programs that might apply to you: MESA, HEP, CAMP, MiniCorps, EOPS, CARE, CalWORKS, etc.
Financial Aid Office: 707-468-3110
Scholarship Coordinator: 707-467-1018 – Lana Eberhard
Placement Testing: 707-468-3046 (Ukiah), 707-263-4944 (Lake), 707-459-6224 (Willits)
New Student Orientations: 707-468-3048 (Ukiah), 707-263-4944 (Lake), 707-459-6224 (Willits)
Counseling Appointments: 707-468-3048 (Ukiah), 707-263-4944 (Lake), 707-459-6224 (Willits)