We encourage everyone to participate in the election process at the local, state and federal levels.
Check out the Easy Voter Guide website. Guía fácil para el votante.
The www.easyvoter.org website is a nonpartisan quick guide to statewide elections since 1994.
Voter registration requirements
You may register to vote if you meet the following requirements:
- You are a United States citizen
- You are a resident of California
- You are at least 18 years of age (or will be by the date of the next election)
- You are not in prison or on parole for conviction of a felony
- You have not been judged by a court to be mentally incompetent to register and vote.
(Above information from the California Secretary of State's voter information site.)
Do you need to re-register?
You should re-register if you move, change your name, or wish to change your political party affiliation.
Voter registration forms
Voter registration forms are available via the Federal Election Commission at the following address:
To request that a form be mailed to you, call (800) 345-VOTE.
Si desea informaci n en espa ol, llame al (800) 232-VOTA.
- Chinese: 1-800-339-2857
- Vietnamese: 1-800-339-8163
- Japanese: 1-800-339-2865
- Tagalog: 1-800-339-2957
Registration forms are also available at many local post offices and libraries, and at any state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office.
Following are links to website providing information on how to register to vote and more: