Human Services Programs
Mendocino College’s Human Services programs prepare students to become Social and Human Services paraprofessionals, and to transfer to four-year universities to become professional counselors, social workers, or similar behavioral health providers.
Social and Human Services paraprofessionals assist in providing client services in a wide variety of fields, such as psychology, rehabilitation, or social work, including support for families. They may assist social workers with developing, organizing, and conducting programs to prevent and resolve problems relevant to substance abuse, human relationships, rehabilitation, or dependent care. They may also assist clients in identifying and obtaining available benefits and social and community services.
In California, growth rates for Social and Human Services paraprofessionals is a very good +17%.
Students can earn certificates and degrees in Human Services:
- Human Service Worker - Certificate of Completion (1 year)
- SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE!
- Human Service Paraprofessional Certificate of Completion (2 year)
- Human Service Paraprofessional Associate of Science Degree (2 year)
- Alcohol and Other Drug Programs Certificate of Completion and AS Degree (2 year)